The European Consortium for Emergency Contraception (ECEC) is a network of Europe-based organizations and individuals working in the field of emergency contraception research, service provision, and advocacy, within a broader sexual and reproductive health and rights approach.
ECEC’s mission is to ensure equitable access to emergency contraception (EC) within the region by expanding knowledge about and access to EC in European countries, and by promoting the standardization of EC service delivery.
ECEC’s objectives are:
- To generate knowledge and serve as an information-sharing platform among members and other groups.
- To promote high quality research on a number of EC issues and to facilitate EC research collaboration throughout Europe.
- To disseminate research findings and promote their use for policy and evidence-based program development at the national and regional levels.
- To promote the standardization of quality EC care services across the region and contribute to reducing access inequalities within Europe.
- To develop and disseminate information, education and training materials
ECEC is hosted by the East European Institute for Reproductive Health:
1 Moldovei St, 540493
Tirgu Mures, Romania