EC knowledge among women of reproductive age: 23.0% (DHS 2011-12)
Registered LNG-EC products:
- NorLevo 1.5mg* - Available only with prescription
- P2 - Available only with prescription
- Pregnon - Available only with prescription
- Pregnon 1 - Available only with prescription
- Vikela* - Available only with prescription
Registered UPA-EC products:
- ellaOne* - Available directly from pharmacist without prescription (i.e. BTC)
Products marked with * have been approved by a stringent regulatory authority, such as the WHO Prequalification Programme, the US Food and Drug Administration, the European Medicines Agency, or other.
Where at least one type of ECP is available: Pharmacies, IPPF-affiliated system, Social marketing programs (eg PSI, DKT, MSI and PSIA)
Age restrictions for accessing ECPs: No data available
Legal/regulatory documents in which EC is included: No data available
Other relevant information: The Ivory Coast's 2010 Essential Medicine List does not include EC.
EC distributed via IPPF outlets (1,000 - 5,000 in 2012).